Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ceiling Fan Install 3 Way Switch Traveller Does Anybody Know How To Wire A Ceiling Fan So That There Is Always Power To It (when Light Switch Is Off)?

Does anybody know how to wire a ceiling fan so that there is always power to it (when light switch is off)? - ceiling fan install 3 way switch traveller

I try to install a fan in my living room, but I'm a little confused about the wiring. Already there are two lights in the living room and I'm a fan of the installation in their midst without light. All the lights and the field of the fan from the same switch, a 3-way switch with a control on each side of the room. In the box on the ceiling fan, there are two types of cables (lighting 1 light and further bind to 2). Each strand of wire has a black wire and white wire connected) (son of the soil in addition to copper. The fan has four son: black for fan control, light blue is (an option that I do not), white and green is neutral ground. I want the fan wire, so you always have the power, so you can have the fan, even if the lights in the circuit. I can do it by cable to the fan works, but when I turn the light switch the fan. Who knows how to connect, so I can not work if the fan is turned off?

5 comments:

curiousg... said...

You will need an additional hot wire, not through the switch.

curiousg... said...

You will need an additional hot wire, not through the switch.

romexjoc... said...

I hope you have a roof over the fan. If not, oh well. But if so, to a certain power in the attic in search of a container near or modify () is usually in the vicinity of the unit of heat. Pull up 14.2 ROMEX fan box. Make sure you with a cadre of FAN. Keep the staples.

Bertsta said...

If you need to ask yourself better, a call Sparky. Set the fan to save money, but always a professional to connect to you.

thewmas said...

The switch is only the power of the Son Do not Turn fixture.just and get in touch ..

Post a Comment