Saturday, February 13, 2010

Iomega Minimax Osx Iomega Minimax 500GB External Hard Drive - Clicking Noise And Won't Mount On Desktop For Mac OSX!?

Iomega Minimax 500GB External Hard Drive - Clicking Noise and Won't Mount on Desktop for Mac OSX!? - iomega minimax osx

I have an external Iomega MiniMax 500GB hard drive, and I joined today and not mount it on the desktop. I'm on a MacBook with OSX, and I've never had a problem. I tried to connect via FireWire or USB connection, but my computer does not recognize. My concern is that most of the Iomega is a very small crack at this very moment I saved all the documents, photos, videos and music files that I have for something I have not surely afford to reformat back if I can find a way to backup or save files. Please let me know if you can help in any way, or if you know what backup files can not lose. I literally everything to save the contents of this drive, so please let me know what I needto do. Thank you very much!

2 comments:

Tony RB said...

If you could hear a faint noise on the hard drive fails.

Other options:

The power supply on the campus of the hard disk has failed, and offer in the absence of sufficient power to the hard drive and keeps the hard drive recovery.

The electronic interface - between the FireWire or USB port on the hard disk - is unreliable and has reset the drive.

It is possible that the data will be lost if the device still tries to be able to access the data.

A business, computer repair, specializing in Macs can remove the hard drive and install it on another site and try to access the drive. If successful, this could mean that the drive is good, but the electronics is bad and can transmit data to another drive to copy. Or they can install the drive in another enclosure and rotate. You then need to copy the data onto CDs and DVDs immediately, because the device could not be much more reliable.

In case of failure, it means that the drive has failed or not, and the only way to save your information to send the unit to a recovery company data - these companies are very own workshops, where the opening device and to examine the mechanical components, mechanical damage. They have factory parts they replace damaged and not try to copy the data plates on the unit.

This is very expensive. Hundreds of dollars.

Italian Soda said...

Open Disk Utility and repair units to click when it .. if not to an Apple store usually lead knows what to do

Post a Comment